Love Affair

 Thrice a week I take time out to go meet him. I have known him since childhood, but never really spent time with him. Lately, since around 4 months, I have started seeing him…

I feel like a young kid.. when I get ready early in the morning, before anyone in the house wakes up, put on my shoes, and earphones and sneak out of the house wearing a smile on my face!  These mornings are special. I wake up at 5.30, get ready quickly and step out of the house by 6.15am.  I walk around 20 minutes from home to reach a road parallel to one I stay on and then take a tiny inner road to reach the base of a small hill. The hill is very steep to climb, so it takes me in my current condition around 10 minutes to reach the top. Even if we see eachother on the way, we don’t react. We meet once I reach the hill top. He usually is there before me.




We just sit together for I don’t know how long….  Sometimes there is a lot that I need to communicate; other times, I don’t just say a word. Either ways its okay. There are no written or unwritten rules, social expectations or any other predetermined systems in place. We just are there.

Sometimes its just the two of us on the whole hill. And the feeling is really out of this world. Actually even when others are around … I don’t really care. I feel like its just two of us. I feel a rush of energy the minute I meet him. After I calm down, I am at the receiving end, with his energy getting to me. I have been through myriad of feelings through my growing up years; but this is unlike any of them.

At 44, I feel like a teenager J; with an attitude of arrogance to do what I feel like without any fear of the consequences. This one relationship is bonding me at different levels and is going to be with me for a long long time. The best part is I have known him all this while, but never really taken time off to be with him; to spend time with him.  And now that I am doing it, I realise, it is giving me both strength and peace.

So what is so different in him? Well, for one… he is a doer. He knows his stuff, does it with elegance and style. He is pretty powerful and his work impacts a lot of livelihoods. For me, the highlight of his personality is his sense of fairness. He doesn’t discriminate based on any preconceptions or judgements. Everyone he touches in his life is considered with the same feeling of equality.  Though they might feel special … just like I do!

There are dark times in his life too. He just waits them out, and then emerges back again with all his shine and power. He has this gush of energy stimulating everyone around him. Some people find it too strong to handle and prefer to be away from him. He is totally dependable. He is from the clan of people who love to just keep ‘giving‘.… There are no expectations or hidden costs that he calculates and weighs before he does anything.

He is the one who has dedicated himself totally to the service of the world...

I spend time with him and come back from my morning walk ... tanned…


Love you Sun! 

Comments

  1. Hah! Such beautifully expressed and wonderful musings! Shine on like the Sun :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is the one whom I miss now a days.Its a great mistake I am doing now a days under so many excuses especially after Covid 19 era. Hope
    I shall rectify it soon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts