I began to see…



As I lay beneath the little Karanj tree….

Looking onto a bright open sunny sky…

I first noticed nothing… as I wasn’t free…

I quipped & quietened the ‘me’… I began to see..  

 

I saw flowers, fruits, branches and leaves…

Within them different colors, shapes, sizes and beliefs …

Like a family unit who come together, yet may not agree…

Observing the Karanj in bits & pieces… I began to see..

 

There was a young pink flower, there were older yellow leaves…

There was the greyish-brown, old wise trunk; and almond shaped brown pods…

There were the hidden roots below my head, where the force drew…. 

I witnessed the parts grow into a whole… I began to see..

 

Now I went beyond the Karanj tree…

To the heat of the sun that was hidden to me…

I realized a harsh world lay beyond this tiny family…

I was warmly protected here… I began to see…  

 




Shubha 

Comments

  1. Nicely penned!

    "There was a young pink flower, there were older yellow leaves…" There's so much in this one line.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts